The Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA) is pleased to announce Dr. Mike Simpson of Guthrie Public Schools as the 2020 OASA District 3 Superintendent of the Year. Dr. Simpson will be recognized at the Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration (CCOSA) Summer Leadership Conference Virtual Experience on June 4.
OASA annually recognizes outstanding administrators who:
- demonstrate successful experience in top level educational administration
- have a sound, dynamic and realistic philosophy of education
- can inspire and motivate people and give support and recognition for the contributions of others
- have a record which evidences continued professional and personal growth through appropriate training and experiences including skills in human relations and the stamina to cope with the pressures of the job
- have the ability to speak for education on all levels with special emphasis on the district level
- have made contributions to educational administration
“Selecting Administrators of the Year is always exciting,” said Dr. Pam Deering, CCOSA/OASA Executive Director. “I am especially proud of these awardees this school year who have faced more challenges than any of us could have expected. They have worked tirelessly to ensure the most success possible for their students and school communities. Dr. Mike Simpeson is among some of the best Oklahoma administrators. We’re so proud to recognize his efforts.”
OASA has 20 Districts that consist of multiple counties. Eligible OASA members are nominated and selected by their peers in their OASA District.
Dr. Simpson is in his 28th year as an educator and his 8th year as Superintendent of Guthrie Public Schools.
“I’m always humbled when colleagues notice the great things we are doing in Guthrie," Simpson said. "It is truly a team effort and our team is comprised of some of the best educators I have ever encountered.”