WHAT: Oklahoma State University and the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex (Tinker Air Force Base) will sign an Educational Partnership Agreement. Lt. Gen. Donald E. “Gene” Kirkland, Brig. Gen. Jeffrey R. King and OSU President Burns Hargis will sign the partnership.
WHEN: 2:45-3:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 24 (Signing event begins at 3 p.m.)
WHERE: OSU-Stillwater campus in ENDEAVOR building, Room 105 (215 N. Hester St.)
Oklahoma State University’s College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology is hosting a delegation from the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex (Tinker Air Force Base) on Thursday that will conclude with the signing of an Educational Partnership Agreement between the university and Tinker Air Force Base.
Under this agreement, selected students and faculty members can undertake projects related to radar and sensing and communications systems, materials, structures, computer engineering, flight dynamics, aero propulsion and power, electronics, avionics, aircraft sustainment, cybersecurity, electronic combat, manufacturing and environmental issues with the Air Logistics Complex.
This partnership will guide the direction of engineering curriculum and enhance OSU’s engineering education to better suit the scientific and engineering needs at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex and within Oklahoma.
The participants include:
- Burns Hargis, president, OSU.
- Dr. Paul Tikalsky, dean, College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology.
- Dr. Jamey Jacob, professor and director, Unmanned Systems Research Institute.
- Lt. Gen. Donald E. “Gene” Kirkland, commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker Air Force Base.
- Brig. Gen. Jeffrey R. King, commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex (Tinker Air Force Base).
- Brian Hackler, deputy chief of staff for U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe.
- Grace Enmeier, field representative for U.S. Rep. Frank Lucas.
- Jonathan “Jon” Foti, community outreach specialist for U.S. Rep. Kendra Horn.
- Tanner Roberts, field representative for U.S. Sen. James Lankford.
- Dr. Norb Delatte, head, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering and president, OSU Veteran Faculty/Staff Association.
- Cheryl Kleeman, director, OSU’s Veteran and Transfer Student Office.
- Tom Joyce, vice president, OSU’s Veterans Faculty/Staff Association.
- Dr. Kenneth Sewell, vice president, Research at OSU.
- Dr. Chuck Bunting, associate dean, Research at CEAT.
- Dr. James Stine, professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Dr. Kurt Rouser, assistant professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
- Dr. Sandip Harimkar, associate professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.