As an effort to aid businesses in encouraging social distancing practices recommended due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Edmond has created this policy for restaurants and like businesses to operate "streateries" - which are defined as the use of on-street parking spaces adjacent to business for outdoor seating and dining.
In the Downtown Area (areas zoned CBD and DRD) streateries may be administratively approved provided they can meet the conditions list below. Plans should be to scale and indicate how the conditions are being met. It is expected the streatery will be operational for a minimum period of two months (eight weeks). Before submittal of the plans, businesses are encouraged to meet with their neighbors to discuss the plans.
- The streatery is not located within 5 feet of a fire hydrant.
- The streatery is limited in size up to two parallel parking spaces or three angled spaces adjacent to the restaurant/bar and does not include reserved parking spaces for persons with disabilities.
- Access into the streatery is provided only from the curb side.
- The edges of the streatery are delineated from the parking area by a physical barrier. Physical barriers from traffic lanes will be provided by the City of Edmond.
- The streatery does not block storm drains, gutters, or access to City utilities.
- The streatery does not require bolting or any type of mechanical fastening that can cause damage to the street or sidewalk.
- Any permits that are necessary (e.g. electric) must be obtained by the applicant separately.
Plans and specifications can be submitted to Jan Fees in the City of Edmond Planning Department, 10 S. Littler, Edmond, Oklahoma, 73034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com or 405.359.4790.