The Oklahoma Territorial Museum will be closed this January. We have a mold problem and will be undergoing some serious and invasive housekeeping. No toxic or black mold has been found at our facility but even the non-toxic mold can cause a lot of damage to the building, people, and artifacts.

We’ve had several facilities improvement projects over these past few years and are viewing this as an opportunity to continue to make improvements. The roofers are already on the premises working to fix the leaks there. The professional mold abatement crew will arrive in January and start working on the interior walls of the Carnegie Library.

This means the museum staff has to remove all artifacts to a safe location and then clean every single item before rehousing and returning them to the newly cleaned storage area. While we work on this, the mold abatement people will be cleaning our office space. All of our furniture needs to be scrubbed before returning to the fresh space. While all of this is going on, the museum staff will be unable to communicate quickly. Once we get our offices situated, including phones, computers, and internet back up and running we will catch up with anything we’ve missed.

We apologize for any inconvenience and will do our best to get things finished quickly but, as you all know, big projects often throw you curveballs. We ask for your patience and understanding. 

Keep an eye on our facebook page to monitor our progress and get a peek behind the scenes.  https://www.facebook.com/OklahomaTerritorialMuseum/

0
0
0
0
0