It is a long holiday weekend for a lot of people. Here are just some of the things to remember:
• The 22nd Annual General T.L. Daniels Thanksgiving Dinner will be served tomorrow at the American Legion Hall. The dinner is free and open to the public and will serve from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Chef Yvette Curry will be the cook and caterer for the second year in a row. The dinner is manned by volunteers from organizations across Logan County. For more information on getting meals delivered for the homebound contact Hersey Hammons (405-760-4285), Evelyn Nephew (405-282-2083) or Carzetta Threatts (405-282-8402).
• The Guthrie News Leader offices will be closed Thursday and Friday to allow the employees to spend time with their families. The office will reopen at 8 a.m. Monday.
• The Logan County Offices, Courthouse and annex are closed Thursday and Friday.
• The City of Guthrie offices are closed Thursday and Friday.
• There is no mail or trash service Thursday.
• Capital Trolley is closed on Thursday, but will resume normal operations on Friday at 6 a.m.
• Highland Hall is closed on Thursday and Friday. There is no lunch delivery either day.
Finally, the Christmas Lighted Parade is Saturday night at 6 p.m. Tree lighting and Territorial Governor announcement after the parade. Parade will come down Oklahoma Avenue to just past the post office. Just a reminder, Oklahoma Street will be closed down around 12 p.m. to get ready for the parade.